Game ScoresBerlin_2011_game_scores.htmlSpain_2004_game_scores_2.htmlshapeimage_6_link_0


Wednesday March 9th, 2011 through Monday March 14th, 2011

On Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. 5 of us met at J.F.K terminal #1 to check in for our Air France flight to Paris. Check in went great in that they did not charge charge us for our sticks, but we did have to pay for our second bags.  At 4:40 p.m. we were wheels up and on our way.

We crossed the Atlantic without incident and arrived in Paris at 11:30 p.m. our time. However it was 5 in the morning there. We transfered to a different terminal and were ready to make our final leg at 7:30 a.m. Paris time.

Finally after a very long trip we landed in Berlin picked up our bags and out the gate and were greeted by Timo.  It was great to see our friends who we had not seen since last year. The ride to the hotel was about 25 minutes. We checked in, dropped our bags and headed out to lunch at a local pub. Lunch was great and lasted about 2 hours, but it was time for a nap. Our hosts dropped us off at the hotel and promised to return for us at 7:00 p.m. to take us to our game. When we got back to the hotel we me Scussi, David, Laurent and Hans who all had arrived while we were out.

Claus had arranged a game with the Berlin Ice Huskies in a local out door rink at 8:00 p.m.  We got dressed and were outside skating in no time. We had a great game, but lost 9-3.  The jet leg in all our legs was readily apparent, Scusi had already been there for 3 days, so I am not sure what his excuse was. But, at least the rest of us had one.

After showering we went across the street to a Greek Restaurant and ate diner with our friends. About 12:00 p.m. Claus and Timo gave us all a ride back to our hotel.

Friday March 11, 2011

        7:00am up early for breakfast. In the dining room there was and endless stream of young college kids coming through the door to eat and they were all speaking different languages, it was really something to see. 

        Once again Claus and Timo were meeting us at 9:00 a.m. to take us on our tour of Berlin. We headed for the U-Bahn and were on our way to the city center. We saw the Brandonburg Gate, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, The Berlin Wall and the Nazi Museum. At 2:00 pm we had lunch. After lunch Kevin was off to buy sneakers and Duffy went to see the Berlin antenna , the rest of us waited for Tilly and Robert to join us at the restaurant.

        We had tickets to go to the Professional Ice Hockey game at 7:00 p.m. tonight and we headed off on the U-Bahn to get there. The game was interesting . After the game we headed to Coopers diner and Met David and John John There; Cyrill arrived a short time later and we were a complete team. 1 canadian, 5 Frenchmen, 2 Germans, 1 Hollander, and 5 Americans.

Saturday March 12

        7:00 am for breakfast once again and Claus picked us up at 8:00 a.m. Our first game was for 10:00 a.m. today against the Old Bears. We jumped out to a 3-0 lead, but lost 4-3. Tough start, but we had another game in 2 hours and expected to fair better. Unfortunately that was not the case and got our butts kicked 10-1 by the Berlin Fire Department. Last game of the day was at 2:30 against our friends from Hof and Big Mac, we won 7-3 and headed back across the street to the Greek Restaurant for a party with our friends.

        Timmy, Kevin, Duffy and Hans headed off to the City center to learn about German life and from what they said I think they did. Henry was off on his own and the French and Robert went out to make new friends; for as long as David could stay awake.

Sunday March 14

            Claus picked us up at 8:30 a.m and we were playing by 10:00 a.m.  It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining very brightly and it was warm. The sun was so bright that players were wearing sunglasses. Henry gave up the first goal because the sun was in his eyes, he will swear it is not true, but I think it sounds better. We were still losing 1-0 with a minute to go and they got an open net goal. We scored with 30 seconds to go, but lost 2-1.

            Our final game was at 12:30 against the team from Pottsdam. We won 7-3 and everyone was happy to be the fourth place finisher. After the game Michael drove Henry and some others to a Flea Market, the French and Duffy took our bags back to the hotel and the rest of us waited for the closing ceremonies.

            We headed out to a Bavarian Brewery with Brita & Marcus and were eventually joined by the French who were delayed by John Johns map reading skills. After diner it was one very long excursion on the subway and a final pass though the Brandonburg Gate and a quick cab ride home.

Monday March 15

            David and John John were the first to leave at 7:00 a.m. Tilly and Robert were next at 8:00 a.m. The rest of us all left together in a large cab and with Timo who was there once again to see us off. David and Laurent were on the same flight as us to Paris and our trip together lasted a little bit longer. However it was good bye in Paris and we were on our way home on a 4 pm flight to JFK.

            We landed at JFK at 7:00 p.m. a little screwed up on time because day light savings time had occurred while we were away. Jerry Clarry met us and helped get both Cathy and Rose into the baggage area where we all happily reunited. Henry made things interesting once again by reentering the country with a stolen passport, but thats Muller

Remember        Kevin’s Teeth, David wake up, and doing the Henry !!!

To all the members of the International Supreme Team

Thanks for a great time